Halloween Craft: Jack o’lantern suncatchers
Super-easy toddler (and up) craft.
Clear Contac paper (Contac paper – a brand of shelf paper)
Black permanent marker
Orange tissue paper
1. With the backing still on the Contac paper, draw a pumpkin face on the clear side. (The kids can do this, too, of course. That’s Jazz’s tummy. She didn’t want to draw her own.)
2. Peel off the backing, and tape the Contac, sticky side up, onto your work surface. (So it doesn’t slither all over.)
3. Tear tissue paper into smallish pieces. Older kids can do this themselves. My kids only crunched the paper into completely unusable smoodged-up blobs of paper when they tried this…
4. Completely cover the pumpkin face with tissue, going past the edge of the picture.
5. Cut out the pumpkin face. Cute, fun, and easy!